Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How do I prevent cold sores ?

Cold sores are not always preventable.

If the attacks are triggered by sunburn, application of sunscreen or avoiding heavy sun exposure may reduce the number of attacks. Taking daily prescription antiviral medications can significantly reduce the frequency of cold sores. This can be costly and is not always practical.

However, the vast majority of people do not have enough attacks to justify taking a daily medicine.

Some basic options you can do at home:

Fight Fatigue

Like stress and illness, fatigue can sap your immune system, making you easy prey for a cold sore outbreak. In today's hectic world, feeling "beat" can give cold sores the advantage. So relax. Exercise. Sleep. And give your immune system a fighting chance. 

Stay Calm


Sure, stress messes with emotions. But stress can also wear down your immune system, giving that dormant cold sore a chance to launch a sneak attack. Fight the urge to stress out. Instead, breathe deeply
and relax.

Keep Warm

Protect yourself from the cold. Wear a scarf or pull up that turtleneck to avoid exposure to cold weather, dry air and winter wind that can dry out lips.


Shade Yourself

Go on the offensive against sun exposure. Ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage your skin and lead to a cold sore. So fight back with a good sunscreen, a wide brimmed hat and a beach umbrella.


Know Your Hormones

For women, hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle can trigger an outbreak. Pay attention to your own hormonal cycle to manage stress.



Protect Your Mouth

Trauma to your mouth or lips can launch a cold sore outbreak. Could be an injury. Could be a dental procedure that pulls at the sensitive area around your mouth. If this is one of your triggers, make your dentist an ally and join forces to minimize trauma. 


Stay Strong

A fever, a cold or the flu can leave you feeling run-down and on the defense against a cold sore outbreak. When you feel a cold, fever or flu coming on, listen to the experts and get plenty of rest and fluids. It could be just what you need to KO a cold sore.

If you manage to still get an outbreak there are other options.

There are several options of over the counter treatments that may be beneficial. Many of them are topical and do not prevent the outbreak.

There is a new supplement which is so unique it received a patent. It helps your body fight off the cold sore in three ways:
        1) deprives it of the essential amino acid it needs to replicate
        2) helps open the protective coating (lipid envelope) around the virus so your body can clear the virus.
        3) It boost your immune system.

This new supplement is called SimQuell and early testing has shown it to be very effective in helping your body fight off the viral re-activation.  You can read more at:

4 comments:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  3. A VERY SHORT STORY HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV2)
    Herpes simplex virus is said to have no cure, just as i was told by my family doctor that herpes can not be cured but can be controlled, Although i was a very stubborn person i never believed in what my doctor told me about herpes having no cure Am a very honest person who believe in nature and i also believed that there could be cure somewhere in the world, I kept my faith so strong and kept on doing my research till i finally came across Dr. Aza Blessed from west Africa He is one of the oldest herbalist after Dr. Sebi and total am a living testimony to his herbal cure to herpes, i became herpes Negative on the 17/05/2021 after using the herbal medication DR. Aza BLESSED mailed to me along with the prescriptions and today its been 2 years and herpes is not traceable in my body system, All thanks To Dr. Aza BLESSED For More Info on how to get cured Contact DR . Aza now on EMAIL : ( drazaherbalcenter@gmail.com ) Or CALL/WHATS APP ( +1(315) 795 1518 ) or his website: www.drazaherbalcenter.com .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using herbal natural remedy was what got me tested negative to HSV 2 after been diagnosed for years.I have spend so much funds on medications like acyclovir (Zovirax), Famciclovir (Famvir), and Valacyclovir (Valtrex But it was all a waste of time and my symptoms got worse To me It is very bad what Big pharma are doing, why keep making humans suffer greatly just to get profits annually for medications that doesn't work.I'm glad that herbal remedies is gaining so much awareness and many people are getting off medications and activating their entire body system with natural herbal remedies and they are become holistically healed totally. Quickly contact Dr Felix herbal home now email him directly on Drfelixherbalhome@gmail.com or Whatsapp :+2349068063760

    ReplyDelete